In summer 2008, I spent three months walking the entire London Underground network, overground. This is the story of that walk, along with over 9750 photographs, route maps, points of interest and tips for those looking for a different way to explore London on foot.
- 20.8 miles, 25 stations, 64 points & 513 photos
- 77.0 miles, 49 stations, 219 points & 1577 photos
- 22.2 miles, 27 stations, 167 points & 616 photos
- 60.2 miles, 60 stations, 282 points & 1549 photos
- East London
- 9.7 miles, 9 stations, 15 points & 294 photos
- Hammersmith & City
- 24.9 miles, 29 stations, 130 points & 684 photos
- 50.9 miles, 27 stations, 164 points & 1270 photos
- 62.8 miles, 34 stations, 159 points & 1026 photos
- 59.6 miles, 50 stations, 209 points & 1170 photos
- 82.1 miles, 53 stations, 203 points & 1832 photos
- 19.0 miles, 16 stations, 74 points & 602 photos
- Waterloo & City
- 2.1 miles, 2 stations, 20 points & 102 photos
Here's what you can find on this site:
Android, iPhone and iPad Applications: If you've got an Android phone, an iPhone or an iPad, then you'll love the Tubewalker Android, iPhone and iPad applications, which contain everything you need to get yourself tubewalking.
The Story of My Tubewalk: At the end of every day's walk, I wrote all about it and published it right here, complete with photographs. Simply choose a line from the navigation on the left... and enjoy.
Surprise Me: Don't know where to start? Then why not try a random Tube tale and see where it takes you...
What is Tubewalking? Tubewalking is fun, healthy and can be enjoyed by anyone. All you need is motivation, time and a capital city with a Tube network.
Doing Your Own Tubewalk: If you're intrigued enough to do your own tubewalk (good for you!) then you might find my collection of tips useful.
Tubewalk Planner: If you're inspired to do your own tubewalk, then you need my tubewalk planner. Just tell it where you want to walk, and it will show you the best route.
Free eBooks: If you want to read me on the road (or even on the way to work) you can download the story of my walk for free.
About Me: This bit's for those who are interested enough to want to know about me and my work. It's far from compulsory.
Contact Me: If you want to let me know what you think of my site, I'd be delighted if you would sign my Guestbook. Don't be shy, especially if you have money to give away...
To navigate round my site simply use the arrows and links on the left, from where you can access the whole site. The page on using this site has more details.