Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Guy Brown

Subject: Peach Bathrooms
Posted: 24 Oct 2004 8:37 am

I can identify all too well with suburban hell.

Had a similar experience to peach bathrooms some 4 yrs ago - didn't quite have the balls to jack in the job, so only got to spend a paltry (but very enjoyable) 6 weeks travelling round Oz on my own - still hold Fraser Island and Great Barrier Reef as couple of the greatest moments of my life.

The greatest moments however were meeting my wife and the birth of my beautiful twin daughters. (Met my wife shortly before travelling to Oz so daughters woud not have happened if I'd stayed away for 3 yrs - funny how things work out).

Now live in surburbia (Bristol) - wife spent her formative years travelling and still pines for Oz, so I am sure once kids have grown, we will travel once more.

Anyway, glad to see you are enjoying life - wondering how sister Julie is - have not seen her for about 6 years? Think my brother David is still in touch with Andy - glad to see you are so well - not sure about the beard though!!

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Peach Bathrooms
Posted: 25 Oct 2004 3:32 pm

Hi Guy.

Great to hear from you! It's been... ages. 😲

I haven't quite managed the family building you have, but that's mainly because the love of my life already has two children of her own, and neither of us feel terribly inclined to add to the brood. I might have settled down somewhat and I might no longer be quite as paranoid of peach bathrooms, but I still like being relatively free to do what I like, be it wandering off for a Saturday afternoon stroll down the Thames, or heading abroad for long periods.

Deep down, I'm just a happy hippy, which could explain the beard. It's no excuse, mind: for that, I'd just have to cite a low boredeom threshold when it comes to shaving. 😀

Thanks ever so much for posting - really pleased life's turned out so well for you.

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply