Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Lee

Subject: I loved reading over your site
Posted: 28 Oct 2004 4:13 pm

Just wanted to say that I think your website is phenomenal and very informative and entertaining. I am an avid traveler as well and it made me smile at my proper job which we all know is tough. Thanks! 😁

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Thanks
Posted: 28 Oct 2004 5:02 pm

Hi Lee.

Thanks for the thumbs up and for taking the time to post. It's feedback like yours that makes all the effort of maintaing this site worthwhile.

Happy travels! 😀

Mark

Post a Reply

Lee

Subject: New Zealand
Posted: 29 Oct 2004 2:37 pm

I am so glad I discovered your site yesterday because it has given me something interesting to do at work. Also, I was in New Zealand for a month last year and fell in love with the country, especially the south island. I spent most of my time doing daredevil type things, as people typically do in New Zealand. I was wondering if you did anything like that. I especially loved the Franz Josef glacier and we spent a few days actually climbing it with axes and all. I thought it was fantastic. My next trip is to Western Africa and I am enjoying reading those stories as well. Thanks!
Lee

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Daredevil things
Posted: 1 Nov 2004 5:58 pm

Hi Lee.

I didn't do any of the typical daredevil things in New Zealand - no bungee jumping, white water rafting, or that sort of thing - but I did walk the Hollyford-Pyke Route, which I reckon is just as insane. I figured I could always come back and do the crazy tourist stuff, but I wasn't likely to have the time or inclination to head off into the deepest bush again...

I'd have liked to walk the Franz Josef glacier, though; I only wandered up to the edge of the ice and took photos of the steps carved into the ice. That must have been some expecience!

Anyway, glad my site is proving useful, and if you do get to West Africa, give it my best regards. I had a tough time there, particularly in Mali, but it's certainly an interesting part of the world. You won't forget it in a hurry, that's for sure! 😀

Happy travels!

Mark

Post a Reply