Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Mike

Subject: Another LEJOGer
Posted: 7 Feb 2017 6:08 pm

Hi Mark,

as you still seem eager to collect links to blogs of people doing LEJOG I just wanted to point you to mine 😀

https://off4ahike.wordpress.com/

And thanks for all the information you provide here, interesting and helpful!

Cheers,
Mike

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: LEJOG 2017
Posted: 9 Feb 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks Mike! I've added you to my links page:

www.landsendjohnogroats.info/walking_tips/links.html

and I've subscribed to your blog too. Good luck with the walk, and I look forward to following your progress!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply

Mike

Subject: Thank you!
Posted: 10 Feb 2017 6:02 am

Hi Mark,

That's great, thanks for adding my blog to your list and for subscribing! I hope it will make an interesting read, I'll try my best 😀

I also think it might help me to keep on track on days when I'm asking myself "Why am I doing this?" So that's just one of the reasons why I decided to set it up. And, of course, because in the end it will be a nice possibility to return to the walk any time to "relive" it.

And thanks for your good wishes, you never can enough of them for a project of this size 😉

Cheers,
Mike

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Blog LEJOG
Posted: 13 Feb 2017 1:29 pm

Hi Mike.

You are so right. I found that the drive to write about every day as it happened was a real help in getting me through the tougher parts - I wanted to finish the LEJOG story, and with a positive ending, and that meant getting on with it. And now that I have my account, I love looking back through it, particularly as it's now far enough away that I've started to forget what I did.

The same applies to all my travel writing - I don't even recognise the twenty-something who set out in 1995. 😀

I hope you enjoy looking back through your blog as much as I enjoy looking back through mine!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply

Mike

Subject: RMS Mülheim
Posted: 13 Mar 2017 9:44 pm

I came across the name of this wreck in a couple of LEJOG (and other) records and just saw that you mentioned it as well. For me that's particularly interesting because the ship is/was named after my home city! I wasn't completely sure about that when I first read the name, as there are a couple of cities/towns with that name, but some research and a look at a sister vessels name confirms that it must be my "Mülheim" 😀

That'll make a nice link on the first walking day!

Cheers,
Mike

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: RMS Mülheim
Posted: 23 Mar 2017 1:10 pm

Wow, that's cool Mike. It'll be interesting to see how much of it has disappeared compared to my photo from 2003. It's a long time ago now!

Mark

Post a Reply