Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Andy

Subject: A walk down memory lane
Posted: 14 Aug 2020 7:23 am

As a fellow semi-retired traveller and long-distance walker, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your adventures whilst in the midst of a full-blown bout of lockdown induced nostalgia.

So many of the stories resonated with me. Amazingly for the last 25 years we seem to have been in many of the same places at a similar time, yet our paths have almost certainly never properly crossed. The closest probably being Cairns in October 97 at the start of my Australian travels, and more recently, in Cartagena in May 2014 as I set off on my journey to Ushuaia. In both cases, you would have left a few weeks prior.

Thanks for the read and for inspiring me to dig out some of my old diaries and attempt to recount some tales of my own. Who knows, when all the current insanity settles down, the old backpack might need dusting off again after all.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Ships that pass...
Posted: 18 Aug 2020 10:01 am

Hi Andy.

Wow, that's quite a coincidence - 17 years apart, but in the same places at the same time! Especially Cartegena; I mean, everyone ends up in Cairns at some point, right, but Cartegena? That's not exactly on the backpacker trail. How bizarre.

I'm delighted you enjoyed my tales. I've also been hit by the nostalgia bug during lockdown; perhaps it has something to do with not being able to leave the house bringing out the wanderlust, and you always long for what you can't have. It will be interesting to see how the pandemic affects travelling, in the short term, anyway. Even planes don't look that appealing at the moment; it's very strange.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post your kind words; I really appreciate it. And who knows? Perhaps we will finally bump into each other in some far-flung corner on our next trips. I look forward to it! 😀

All the best,

Mark

Post a Reply