Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Steve

Subject: Silverlight
Posted: 14 Jul 2011 7:27 pm

You're welcome ... glad to hear you're up and running!

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Pubs
Posted: 17 Jul 2011 5:47 pm

I am... and wow, you were right about that pub and accommodation feature. That's brilliant! Worth the effort of registering on its own, that one.

The only thing I don't like is its use of Silverlight, but that's just me being a technology snob. 😉

Mark

Post a Reply

Steve

Subject: Silverlight
Posted: 18 Jul 2011 5:51 pm

I'm not keen on the plug-in requirement either since it means I won't be able to access my maps on my iPad. There are rumours that some 3rd party iPad browsers might support Flash/Silverlight but I've yet to try any.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: iPad gestures
Posted: 21 Jul 2011 8:31 am

As an iPad user, I couldn't agree more. Then again, even HTML/JavaScript-powered sites can be hard to use on touch screens, as there seems to be no concept of hovering over things; my route maps, which run using Google Maps, are a bit fiddly on my iPad, and that's got nothing to do with Flash - they're designed to show labels when you hover over pointers, but I can't work out if that's possible on the iPad. Perhaps I just haven't got my head round all the different gestures - I only found out the other day that scrolling with two fingers scrolls within a pane (such as a Google Map), rather than scrolling the whole web page, so I've clearly got a long way to go. 😀

Mark

Post a Reply

Simon

Subject: Maps
Posted: 18 Dec 2016 2:59 pm

So I managed to walk to the German border with Poland. In Frankfurt an der Oder. Now after a few years I think it's time to do the final leg. To Warsaw !! With regards to maps. I think nowadays an iPhone is all you need.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Europe by iPhone
Posted: 19 Dec 2016 11:21 am

Wow, good job, Simon! That's some walk... 😲

I'm glad to hear that an iPhone is all you need, as it makes life so much easier to have everything you need in one compact package. When I think of all the weight and space I used to devote to a palmtop computer, camera, phone, maps and compass... and now it's all in one little handheld device. It's amazing. 😀

Enjoy the rest of your walk - brilliant stuff!

Mark

Post a Reply