Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

James H

Subject: Questions About JOGLE
Posted: 16 Feb 2017 12:57 pm

Hi Mark,

Great website, it's been very helpful. I just have a few questions that I was wondering if you could help me with.

1) If I started on the 8th July and headed north to avoid the A9 do you think it's possible to still get finished in time to start uni at the end of September.

2) How much weight did you lose over the course of your journey?

3) What was the funniest thing that happened to you?

Cheers,

James

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Questions and answers
Posted: 20 Feb 2017 1:43 pm

Hi James.

Let's see...

1) If I started on the 8th July and headed north to avoid the A9 do you think it's possible to still get finished in time to start uni at the end of September.

Some people do the entire journey in one month, so yes, anything is possible... but it all depends on the individual and the average mileage per day that you're happy with. Only you can answer that question, but you're talking about 2.5 months to do the walk, then yes, that sounds like a perfectly reasonable amount of time to do the walk, assuming you're fit.

2) How much weight did you lose over the course of your journey?

I didn't make a note of how much I lost, but I was definitely lean and fat-free by the end of the walk - a bit too lean, if truth be told. It's hard to get enough calories into your body on a walk like this!

3) What was the funniest thing that happened to you?

I particularly enjoyed setting off the local neighbourhood watch in Pattingham, where they clearly weren't used to unkempt men wandering around the outskirts of the village at night. You've got to love the countryside... 😀

www.landsendjohnogroats.info/the_midlands/23_pattingham.html

Anyway, hope this helps, and good luck with your planning!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply