Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Ahmed Muhsin

Subject: TravelPost
Posted: 24 Nov 2004 10:10 am

Mark - first I have one critique about your site: there is no direct email address to contact you.

Second, I have a big compliment -- I am very impressed with the detail you have put into your journals. I work for TravelPost and we are looking for the best journals to showcase on our site TravelPost.com - an interactive online travel journal site.

Our staff would like to create a profile for you on TravelPost.com - preloaded with all the content on moxon.net. The benefits of TravelPost is that is has interactive local and world maps and caters to a global audience; Also, it's completely free.

There is very little obligation other than to provide us permission to proceed. Also note, we do not sell your content - so joining us will NOT result in getting spam.

Please let me know if you are intersted at amuhsin@comcast.net

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions as well. Thanks for your time and keep up the great work!

Ahmed Muhsin
Web Relations Manager
www.travelpost.com
6100 EastViest St.
Bethesda, MD 20817
Tel. 260-602-7080

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Thanks, but I'll decline
Posted: 24 Nov 2004 2:30 pm

Hi Ahmed.

There are two reasons for a lack of email address on my website. The first is spam: I used to put a contact address on site, but it didn't take long to become unusable. The second is that in a public forum like this, people can see my replies, and this adds to the content available on my site. Blame my experience in running community websites for the BBC, but I much prefer this kind of communication medium to email!

Thanks for the invitation to join TravelPost, but I think I'll decline. My website is already an excellent showcase of my writing, and I'm afraid I just can't see the advantage of replicating my content on someone else's site. My site has an excellent Google rating, so if it's all right with you, I think I'll stick to publishing my writing here.

Many thanks for asking, though, and I wish you all the best with TravelPost. It looks excellent.

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply