Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Dianne Kellett

Subject: Copyright photograph of Port Hedland, Western Australia
Posted: 29 Nov 2004 9:14 am

Hi Mark,
We are doing a full page advertisement in the local newpaper and have being trying to locate a photo of the harbour. You have one in your photo library - it's very brown.
We would like to ask your permission to reproduce it in our advertisement.
Could you please advise if we do have your permission.
Your earliest reply via e-mail would be most appreciated.
Thank you.
Dianne Kellett, E-mail: di.kellett@bigpond.com
Secretary,
Wedgefield Association Inc.
PO Box 2581, South Hedland, WA.

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Permission granted
Posted: 29 Nov 2004 6:27 pm

Hi Dianne.

Check your email - I've just sent you this message:

I don't normally allow commercial use of my work, but I have very fond memories of Port Hedland, so in this case I'm more than happy to make an exception! I hereby give you permission to use my photograph of Port Hedland in your advert, for no fee, on the condition that you squeeze in a copyright message near the photo, which says something along the lines of 'Photograph (C) Mark Moxon' (where (C) is the copyright symbol). Do let me know if this is acceptable.

I've attached a larger scan of the photograph that you may like to use. It's probably more useful than the web-optimised version on my website, and it doesn't have my homemade copyright message in the corner.

Also, if it's possible, I'd love to see a copy of the advert, just for my personal interest. Would this be possible? If it's difficult to send an electronic copy, don't worry too much, but it'd be great to see if you could.

Anyway, I hope this meets with your approval, and many thanks for asking.

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply