Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Dav from Melbourne

Subject: What a wonderful website - Thankyou!!
Posted: 3 Dec 2004 1:03 am

😁
Hi Mark,

I'd just like to say thankyou for sharing your experiences with the world. I've found your anecdotes and your style very amusing.

I'm returning to India for the second time in Feb next year for a three-month trip (I love India too). I will certainly be adopting your "anti-power mantra" when faced with the ever helpful Indian Railway officials.

Once again thanks for your website. It certainly has made me more excited about my upcoming trip.

Davin

PS: Love the photos. What sort of camera did you take with you?

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Thank *you*!
Posted: 6 Dec 2004 9:55 am

Hi Davin.

Many thanks for your posting - I'm really glad you like the site. When you get back to India, be sure to say 'hi' from me; it's a wonderful country, petty officials notwithstanding. 😉

As for the photos, I've used a couple of cameras in my time. I took most of the photos from my three-year trip with an old, second-hand Minolta X-300 SLR, which produced some lovely results. However, the desert heat of Morocco proved too much for it, so I bought a Pentax MZ6, a computerised and much fancier SLR, which interestingly (and annoyingly) doesn't produce such good shots. I'm trying to get my old Minolta repaired for my next trip - sometimes the old ones are the best.

I scanned all my prints with a Canon N670U scanner - nice and cheap, very reliable. I'm rather pleased with the results, though some of my African shots have gained a rather purple hue during the scanning process. One day I'll get round to doing them again...

Anyway, thanks again for posting, and have a great time in India!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply