Skip to navigation

Tubewalker: The Tube, on Foot

Contact Me: Guestbook

Carl Max

Subject: Your travel site...
Posted: 2 Jan 2005 5:13 am

Hi Mark...I have just spent the most marvellously entertaining 3 hours traveling with you on your quite wonderful site! I was greatly absorbed by your sometimes hilarious, but always perceptive wrinting, and you helped rekindle my great fondness for West Africa in a funny and emotional way. Well, you are funny - I am emotional. I know The Gambia, Senegal and Mali pretty well, but your personal perspective was just so well written, I was hooked from the first few lines. I am planning a trip to Ghana in the near future, and I simply cant wait to have my own "acid trip to the village on stilts" he he he. Thank you so much, and long may you continue to travel happily (and safely), for many years to come.
Carl Max - London UK

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: West Africa
Posted: 4 Jan 2005 11:46 am

Hi Carl.

What lovely comments - many thanks for taking the time to post. It makes it all worthwhile to know that people enjoy my writing!

I had quite a tough time in Senegal and Mali, but in comparison I found Ghana to be wonderfully easy travelling, with some of the friendliest people I've ever met. I only had the energy to explore the coast, but if you've got the time to do a loop along the coast, up to Lake Volta and across into the centre, I'm told it's really special out there in the sticks. Give my regards to Nzulezo if you get there, but watch out for the cockroaches! 😀

Thanks again for your feedback, and here's hoping you have as good a time in Ghana as I did. Happy travels!

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply